ZAATAR BREAD RECIPE
Zaatar Bread Recipe LC14178: This flat bread with origins from Lebanon can be eaten as a snack or a appetizer. The bread is filled with fresh herbs Zaatar & thyme which adds a distinct flavour.
1 1/2 Tablespoon
All Purpose flour
How to make zaatar bread recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. In a small bowl mix the yeast, sugar in a warm water (Hot water will kill the yeast). Let the yeast mixture sit for 10 – 12 minutes.
3. Boil the milk in the saucepan.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add flour & salt. Pour the fermented yeast mixture.
5. Add the olive oil.
6. Gradually add the boiled milk and knead well.
7. Continue to knead the dough until it turns into a firm, elastic dough.
8. Cover the dough with cling film and keep it in warm place for 45 minutes or till it has doubled in bulk.
9. In the mean time you can prepare the stuffing by mixing finely chopped za'atar and parsley leaves in a small mixing bowl. Add salt to taste.
10. Add pepper, sesame seeds and sumac powder in the bowl.
11. Give it a good mix & the stuffing is ready.
12. Once the dough has doubled in size, preheat the oven at 220 °C / 425 °F.
13. Divide the dough into balls of equal size.
14. Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into round shape.
15. Place a heaped spoonful of the Zaatar mixture in the center. Fold the edges into the center and press together to close.
16. Roll out the stuffed dough once again in round or oval shape.
17. Arrange in a baking tray and drizzle the sesame seed.
18. Bake the bread for about 15 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
19. Remove and brush with butter.
20. Serve Hot.
Bowl - Small
Middle Eastern Recipes