YELLOW LENTIL DAL RECIPE
Yellow Lentil Dal Recipe (#LC14141): This step by step recipe with photos of split yellow dal also known as moong dal is a good source of protein for vegetarians. This is a staple in most Indian households.
Washed & Cleaned
Ginger Garlic paste
How to make YELLOW LENTIL DAL RECIPE recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Take the dal in a mixing bowl & add water. Wash in 2 -3 running water until it runs clear.
3. Finely chop the onion.
4. Chop the tomatoes.
5. Cook dal in a saucepan with two cups of water ( if soaked for 1/2 hour beforehand, it will cook much faster).
6. When tender, add salt, turmeric and lemon juice; let simmer over a slow fire.
7. Heat oil in a small pan over a medium fire; add cumin seeds, mustard seeds.
8. When mustard seeds splutter, add onion, tomato and garlic-ginger paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. When the mixture becomes paste-like, add to the dal. Cover & simmer for 2-3 mins.
10. Serve hot with rice or indian bread.
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid
Mixing bowl - glass