VICTORIA SPONGE CAKE RECIPE
Victoria sponge cake Recipe (#LC14064): Tradtional English sponge cake, stuffed with fluffy whipped cream, and fresh juicy strawberries to create the effortless Victoria Sponge Cake. Learn how to make this timeless classic right here.
All Purpose flour
How to make VICTORIA SPONGE CAKE RECIPE recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Preheat oven 180°C / 350°F
3. Sift All purpose flour and cornflour together.
4. Whisk egg , sugar and vanilla essence together until light and fluffy.
5. The batter will look like this - light & fluffy
6. Fold in the flour. To fold, lift and drop gently to remove all air bubbles .
7. Add the melted butter and fold in.
8. Prepare 2 tins and pour into prepared cake tins.
9. Tap the tin a few time to remove all air bubbles.
10. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C/ 350°F for about 15-20 minutes until done.
11. For Strawberry filling: Take a sauce pan & cook strawberry, sugar, gelatine & water. Cook without mashing the strawberries for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat & let it cool fully.
12. For the Cream. Whisk cream, vanilla and sugar to soft peak.
13. Cream should have soft peaks when done. Keep in the fridge.
14. Assembling the cake: Once these 3 items are ready, The cake is ready to be put together.
15. Using a fork, prick the cake so the juice of the strawberry topping can seep in.
16. Spread a layer of cooled strawberry filling and then cream.
17. Repeat the 2nd cake with pricking and pouring a layer of juice from the strawberry filling. Place the 2nd cake on the top to make a sandwich.
18. Press down very lightly.
19. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
20. Decorate with strawberry by slicing it and pressing down.
Loose-based Sandwich Tin 8" - 2 pieces