SHORBAT ADAS RECIPE
SHORBAT ADAS RECIPE (LC14217) : A hearty lentil soup from the middle east is a tasty & healthy dish full of proteins.
Cut into pieces
Washed & Drained
White pepper ground
How to make shorbat adas recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set it before you start cooking.
2. Cut the arabic bread / pita bread into small square shapes & keep it aside for frying.
3. To prepare the crispy arabic bread, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat then deep fry the arabic bread / pita bread in the oil for 3 minutes or till it turns golden brown & set aside.
4. In a big bowl, soak the red lentil in water for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, finely chop onion, tomato, garlic and celery into small pieces. Peel the carrot and potato & cut into small cubes.
6. Wash the soaked red lentil 2 to 3 times & drain all the water. Set aside.
7. Heat olive oil in a large deep heavy bottom pot over a medium heat, then add onion & garlic sauté till it turns golden on the edges.
8. Once the onion & garlic turns transparent, add chopped celery.
9. Add potato & carrot & mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potato looks transparent. When the vegetables are slightly cooked, then add the soaked red lentils.
10. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and white pepper powder. Mix them well & simmer for 10 minutes then add the chopped tomato. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or till the aroma of the mixture comes.
11. Add water & chicken stock. Cover them well. Bring to boil, then simmer and cook for around 45 minutes or until lentils are soft.
12. Remove from the heat, blend the whole mixture using an electric blender to puree the soup. The consistency of the soup should be creamy.
13. Serve hot with lemon wedges
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid
Middle Eastern Recipes