SAYADIEH SAMAK RECIPE
Sayadieh Samak recipe (LC14242 ) - Baked fish with onion rice and spiced lemon sauce
White pepper ground
Washed & Drained
All Purpose flour
How to make sayadieh samak recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Finely chop the garlic.
3. To clean the fish for the fish stock, carefully separate the fillet keep the head & bone aside for the stock.
4. To marinate the fish, take the fish fillets & cut into small cubes.
5. Take a large mixing bowl, combine together fish cubes, garlic, paprika powder, arabic spices, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, salt, white pepper powder.
6. Add olive oil & lemon juice. Mix well till all the ingredients are combined well.
7. Set in fridge for one hour.
8. Finely chop the onions & garlic keep it aside.
9. To prepare the fish stock, heat half of the oil in a pot & add the sliced onions & garlic. Let them cook on gentle heat until it turns darkish brown in color but not burned.
10. Add paprika powder, arabic spices, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, white pepper powder & salt.
11. Add bay leaves, dry lime & cardamon. Saute well until all the spices are combined well.
12. Now add water, then fish head & bones in the pan. Cover the lid & let cook for 20 minutes or until the fish head is tender. Strain and use the stock to cook the rice & prepare the sauce.
13. To prepare the rice, wash the rice in the running water for 3 - 4 times . Transfer the rice in the pan & add the half stock water then plain water. Bring the stock to boil & reduce the heat once boiled.
14. Cook gently for about 15 minutes or until all the stock has been absorbed & the rice is cooked.
15. To bake the fish, grease the roasting tin with oil & arrange the marinated fish closely.
16. Preheat the oven at 200°C / 392°F. Bake the fish for 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown color.
17. To prepare the sauce, heat the olive oil in the pan then add flour & roast well.
18. Add the remaining fish stock water & mix well with flour for 4- 5minutes without forming any lumps.
19. Cook in low flame until the sauce turns thick & creamy.
20. To roast the nuts, add olive oil in the pan then pine seeds & almond together by sprinkles salt on the top.
21. Saute for 4 - 5minutes or until the nuts turns light golden brown color.
22. To serve, plate the rice & top it with baked fish pieces & garnish with roasted nuts & fresh coriander leaves.
23. Serve with sauce.
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid
Flat Bottomed pan
Mixing bowl - glass
Spatula - Wooden
Middle Eastern Recipes