PUNJABI SAMOSA RECIPE
PUNJABI SAMOSA RECIPE (#LC14025): A prevalent Mumbai street food snack is Samosa. It is crispy with filling made from mashed potatoes. The best way to eat it, is to smash it and add two to three varieties of chutney.
Boiled & cubed
Garam masala powder
Dry mango powder
Red Chili Powder
How to make PUNJABI SAMOSA RECIPE recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. To make the dough: Take a mixer and add refined flour, carom seeds, ghee, salt and water. Mix with dough mixer / hand and make a firm dough.
3. Keep aside in a bowl covered with cling film, while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling: In a pan melt the ghee and when hot, add cumin seeds, and coriander seeds .Once it stops crackling, add the chopped green chilli and ginger and fry stirring.
5. Add boiled chopped potato cubes and green peas & mix.
6. Add garam masala, dry mango powder and season with salt and stir well to mix in the added spices and let in cook for 1-2 mins.
7. Add fresh coriander & fresh mint. Stir lightly
8. Once the Dough and the filling is made, it is time to prepare the Samosas. For this make the dough into equal portions of serving you have chosen to prepare. (eg. if it says serves 12 - quantity of ingredients is for 12 portions)
9. Roll each portion to make small circles of size 10 cms diameter. Cut in to 2 halves. Brush water on the edges and make into a cone.
10. Fill the cone with the filling prepared earlier. Seal the edges with water and fold as shown. Ensure all edges are sealed fully. Repeat till the dough and the filling is used up.
11. In a pan, add enough oil so that the samosa will be fully under the oil & heat. Do not make the oil very hot, else the filling won't cook. Fry samosa on slow heat for about 15 to 20 mins till golden brown.
12. Serve with chutney
Cooking Pot - Kadai
Cooking pot - Shallow with lid
Non stick Frying Pan