RED LENTILS DAL RECIPE
Red Lentils Dal Recipe (#LC14146): This basic flavourful dal is a high protein recipe for vegetarians made of Red lentil dal, depicted with step by step photos for each step.
Split red lentil
Washed & drained
How to make RED LENTILS DAL recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Finely chop the tomatoes, onion & green chili.
3. Take a red lentil in a large mixing bowl & wash the lentil 2 - 3 times.
4. In a saucepan, add water & lentil.
5. Add turmeric powder & salt.
6. Cover and cook the dal (soak dal for 30 minutes for faster cooking time) in a pan. When tender, turn down heat and cook over a slow fire until tender.
7. In another pan, heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
8. Add cumin seeds.
9. When they splutter, add onion and tomato.
10. Add ginger garlic paste.
11. Add green chillies and lemon juice. Cook until the mixture resembles a coarse paste.
12. Add to the dal and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
13. Serve hot with rice.
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid