Puri Recipe (# LC14021): A step by step procedure to prepare the Indian fried bread called Poori which is prepared with flour, water and salt is rolled out in to small circular discs and deep fried in ghee or vegetable oil till nicely puffed like a balloon.
All Purpose flour
How to make PURI recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Sieve the flour with salt. Add semolina and mix. Then add oil and mix into the flour.
3. Add water gradually and knead to make a hard dough. Cover the dough with a damp towel / plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 mins, make about 15 same size balls out of the dough.
5. Roll the dough into thin flat puris .
6. In a deep pan heat the oil for frying. Keeping heat at medium level add the rolled puri's one at a time and cook. Let the puri cook for a minute on one side, turn and cook the other side till golden brown and remove and place on absorbing paper to drain the extra oil.
7. Puris should be eaten fresh and hot and served with curry. ( see serve with tab).
Cooking Pot - Kadai
Non stick Frying Pan