Profiteroles Recipe (#LC14074): A deliciously decadent French dessert stuffed with whipped cream, Profiteroles can be rightly tagged as a sinful concoction for the senses.
All Purpose flour
How to make profiteroles recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Choux Pastry: In a sauce pan on low-medium heat boil the butter, water & salt.
3. Using a whisk stir continuously and slowly add the flour while still stirring. This ensures no lumps are formed. This is the choux pastry dough. It is important to set it aside to COOL FULLY.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C / 392°F
5. Once the mixture is cooled fully beat the mixture while adding the egg one by one to form a smooth paste like dough.
6. Pipe the dough into small round ball or alternatively use a spoon to place the dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The tops can be flattened with a spoon dipped in water if required.
7. Place in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes. Then decrease the temperature to 160°C / 320°F and bake for 15-20 more minutes when the color turns golden brown.
8. For the cream filling: Beat the whipped cream, sugar & vanilla essence until soft peaks appear.
9. For the chocolate sauce: In a sauce pan, add cocoa powder, whipping cream and sugar mix continuously making a thick pouring consistency.
10. Once done, remove from fire.
11. Once the pastry is cool, slit the choux pastry using a bread knife leaving the end joined together.
12. Pipe / spoon the cream on the cut surface one at a time.
13. Pour the chocolate sauce and serve.
14. This can be served as a cold dish or served with hot chocolate sauce.