POTATO KULCHA RECIPE
POTATO KULCHA RECIPE (LC14209) : Spiced potatoes stuffed to make a Indian bread. This is a popular recipe all over India.
Boiled & mashed
All Purpose flour
2 1/2 Cups
How to make potato kulcha recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. In a mixer coarsly grind together coriander seeds, green chilli, chili flakes, mint leaves. Keep the mixture aside.
3. In a pressure cooker, boil the potatoes until soft. Peel the skin.
4. Using the potato masher, mash the boiled potatoes.
5. To the mashed potato, add salt and the ground mixture. Mix well and keep aside.
6. In a small bowl, mix together yeast, sugar and warm water.
7. In a large mixing bowl, seive all purpose flour and salt.
8. Now combine butter, yeast mixture and milk & knead the dough.
9. Continue to knead the dough until it turns firm and elastic.
10. Transfer the dough into a small bowl and cover it with cling film and keep it aside for 2 hours in a warm place.
11. Knead the risen dough once again & divide it into small balls.
12. Make a small disc and place the potato mixture stuffing in the center and bring the edges together.
13. Roll the ball once again flat and sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top and press it down.
14. On a hot pan, place the stuffed kulcha and cover it with the lid for 2 - 3 minutes and flip to another side.
15. Roast it on both sides until it turns golden color.
16. Before serving, brush the kulcha with butter.
17. Serve hot with pickle and Raita.
Mixing bowl - glass