Pavlova (#LC14081) : A crisp crust and soft inside, Pavlova is the ultimate dessert of love, with a generous topping of whipped ream.
Assorted Mix berries
How to make pavlova recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Preheat oven to 100°C.
3. Whisk the egg whites and vinegar until soft.
4. Add the caster sugar slowly while still beating.
5. Whisk until medium peaks appear & till the sugar is fully dissolved which will take about 10 mins. Check with your fingers, the meringue should be smooth. Then add the cornflour & vanilla extract and fold in.
6. Once done the meringue should be very stiff and have shiny peaks. Do not over beat it as it will start to separate & you will have to start over again.
7. Fill this in a piping bag as it will be easier to make the meringue.
8. Then prepare the baking tray. For this draw a circle on the parchment paper to help with the outline to make the meringue and stick it to the tray using some butter. Fill as shown in a circular motion to about 2 inches height.
9. Ensure that the side is higher than the centre as we need to fill in the whipped cream and fruits on it.
10. Using a palette knife remove the piping lines and it is ready to bake.
11. Bake at 100°C in a preheated oven for 1 to 1½ hours. To check for doneness, it will look dry and crisp and would have started to crack slightly.
12. For the Filling: Whip the cream with icing sugar & vanilla extract and set aside. in a cool place or refrigerator.
13. Handle the meringue carefully as it is very delicate. To reduce the chance of damage, you can place it on the final serving dish and then decorate. Once the meringue has reached room temperature decorate with whipped cream. Piping bag or spoon can be used to put the whipping cream on top.
14. Top with sliced Kiwi and Strawberries. Other optional fruits that can be used are Passion fruits, Assorted berries, Mangoes, Oranges... . The fruit you choose will be better if it has a tangy taste to break the sweetness of the meringue.
15. The Meringue should be decorated & served immediately although the cooked meringue by itself can be stored.
International RecipesArabic Recipes