Paratha Recipe (#LC14158): This step by step recipe with photos of making a Paratha containing wheat flour with layers and cooked with ghee is part of the basic indian meal.
Whole wheat flour
How to make paratha recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. In a food processor or hand, mix flour, salt and oil in a bowl.
3. Gradually add water and prepare a soft to medium-stiff dough & knead well.
4. Divide into 8 equal portions and form into smooth balls.
5. Roll out a little without any flour. Spread small amount of ghee on it and fold. Spread ghee on the quarter and fold again till you have a triangle.
6. Dust a clean surface with a little flour. Roll out to a larger triangular shape of even thickness - ideally around 2 mm.
7. Cook on each side for 1 minute over medium heat.
8. Spread butter or ghee around the edges of the paratha while still in the pan and fry on each side for another minute.
9. Serve hot with any vegetable dish and/or raita.