OUZI RECIPE (LC14231 ) : This recipe is of a lamb & rice pie where the lamb rice is wrapped in filo pastry.
Dry mint leaves
White pepper ground
Washed & Drained
White pepper ground
How to make ouzi recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Grate the cucumber for the dip & keep it aside.
3. To prepare the dip, take a small bowl combine together grated cucumber, yogurt and salt, dry mint leaves & white pepper powder. Mix them well.
4. Wash the rice in the running water 2 - 3 times then drain the water & keep it aside.
5. Finely chop the onions & garlic.
6. To prepare the ouzi, take a heavy bottomed pan & heat the ghee on medium flame. Add the lamb cubes.
7. Add white pepper powder & sauté for 20 minutes or til the lamb turns to golden brown color.
8. Now add onion, garlic, cardamom, arabic spices & salt. Mix well.
9. Add water & bay leaves. Cover & bring the lamb mixture to boil for 10 minutes or until the lamb is tender.
10. Add washed rice & mix well. Cover & cook for about 2-3 mins. or till you get a nice aroma.
11. Open the lid & add water. Cook for 10 minutes or till the rice absorbs the water completely.
12. Add the green peas then reduce the heat to minimum and cook for 10 more minutes. Now the lamb rice is ready.
13. To make the pie, arrange the filo pastry on a flat surface. Brush each pastry with ghee & add another sheet on it, so total sheets will be 3.
14. To shape the pie, take a small bowl & place the filo pastry sheet on it. Gently press down & fill the lamb rice mixture into it.
15. Add Almond & pine seeds. Close the edges of the pastry sheets tightly. Arrange the pastry on the baking tray.
16. Brush pie with ghee.
17. Pre-heat the oven at 200°C / 392°F.
18. Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown.
19. Serve hot with cucumber dip.
Bowl - Small
Cooking Pot - Kadai
Mixing bowl - glass
Middle Eastern Recipes