ORANGE CINNAMON COOKIES RECIPE
Orange Cinnamon Cookies (LC14183): These cookies made for children with a delicious combination of orange & cinnamon flavours filled with some strawberry jam bring out the festive mood.
All Purpose flour
How to make orange cinnamon cookies recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Prepare the orange zest with a grater or zester by washing the orange & grating the top orange layer only without including the white portion.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar.
5. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
6. Add the orange zest.
7. Add the egg & beat well.
8. Add the flour mixture to the bowl & combine well.
9. Knead the dough gently until it is firm to form a smooth ball.
10. Cover the dough in a cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes to get a nice texture for the cookies.
11. Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
12. Remove the cling film and using a knife cut the dough into small pieces
13. To prepare the cookies press the dough using your palm to get a round shape. Using a cookie cutter to cut the shape you wish.
14. Place the cookies 1 inch apart on parchment paper for baking.
15. Bake at 190°C / 375°F for 6 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately remove from the oven & let it cool.
16. Once cool you can decorate as desired. We have used strawberry jam as filling.
17. Perfect shape for halloween or other shapes can be made for christmas as well.