MALAI KOFTA RECIPE
Malai Kofta Recipe (#LC14053): Malai Koftas are scrumptious vegetable dumplings deep-fried and simmered in a rich creamy gravy, bursting with the flavour of traditonal spices.
Garam masala powder
Red Chili Powder
Boiled & Mashed
How to make malai kofta recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. FOR THE GRAVY: In a pan, cook the onions with water for 10 minutes. Pour out excess water and grind it to make a smooth paste once it cools.
3. Heat oil in a deep cooking pot. Put boiled onion paste and cook for five minutes.
4. Add garlic paste, ginger paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt cook stirring for a minute.
5. Add tomato puree and red chili powder and cook stirring on medium heat for about until the oil and spices / masala separates. Add salt & little water (10-15 ml - serve 4) of water to the gravy.
6. Add fresh cream. Let it cook on low heat, stirring once in a while until all the ingredients blend in.
7. FOR THE KOFTAS: Mix the paneer, potatoes, green chilles, cornflour and salt.
8. Separate into sixteen equal portions.Flatten it, and in the center place 2-3 raisins. Seal it from all sides nicely so that they do not break while frying. and make them into balls.
9. Roll all the balls lightly in corn flour for frying and set aside
10. Heat sufficient oil in a cooking pot and deep fry the koftas until light brown colour. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
11. Place the fried koftas in a serving dish and pour hot gravy over it. Best served hot with Naan or other Indian breads.
Cooking Pot - Kadai