Maamoul Recipe (LC14108): These small shortbread pastries stuffed with exotic dry fruits are what Middle Eastern treats are made of.
All Purpose flour
How to make MA'AMOUL recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. In a large bowl, combine all purpose flour, semolina and baking powder. Mix well.
3. Next add unsalted butter & milk to dry ingredients and combine until dough is formed.
4. In a food processor, blend walnuts until fine and crumbly.
5. Pour walnuts into the bowl and add sugar and cinnamon.
6. Next, put the dates into the food processor and blend. Remove and make small size balls.
7. Coat the dates ball in the walnut mixture. Remove and set aside.
8. Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F.
9. To form ma'amoul cookies, roll dough into balls, poke an indent into the ball and place some of the filling inside, close the opening until all of the filling is concealed.
10. Next, Wipe down the ma'amoul mould with oil so that dough does not stick.
11. Press ball into the ma'amoul mould and then tap out the cookie.
12. Place the cookies on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 180°C / 356°F for 20 minutes, until bottom of the cookies is light brown.
13. Remove cookies and let cool completely, dust cookies with icing sugar.
14. Serve hot or cold.
Bowl - Small
Middle Eastern Recipes