KOSHARI RECIPE (LC14277) - An unusual combination, Koshari is made with rice, vermicelli, macaroni and chickpeas, lightly simmered in spices. It is served with a spicy sauce to add some depth and flavour to the dish.
Washed & Cleaned
Washed & Drained
White pepper ground
Red chilli paste
How to make koshari recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Finely chop the onion & keep it aside.
3. Finely chop the coriander leaves & keep it aside.
4. Chop the tomatoes & keep it aside for blending.
5. Take a blender, add the chopped tomatoes & blend finely into a puree consistency.
6. Heat the deep bottomed cooking pot, add olive oil & vermicelli. Fry it well till it turns dark golden brown.
7. Add finely chopped onions & mix them well.
8. Add washed egyptian rice & mix them well. Cover & cook for 5 minutes.
9. Add washed brown lentil & water. Bring to boil then cover cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
10. To prepare the macroni, boil the water in a cooking pot & add macroni.
11. Cover & cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until it is fully cooked. Once cooked transfer into a bowl.
12. To prepare the chickpeas, boil the water in a cooking pot & add chickpeas.
13. Cover & cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until it is fully cooked. Once cooked transfer into a bowl.
14. To prepare the sauce, heat the ghee in a flat bottomed pan, add garlic & sauté till it turns golden brown.
15. Add cumin powder, white pepper, blend tomato puree, tomato paste, salt & chili paste.
16. Cook for 15 minutes over low heat then add the chopped coriander leaves. Sauce should be thick consistency.
17. To fry the onion, heat the oil in a flat bottomed pan & fry the onions till it turns golden brown & keep it aside for garnish.
18. To arrange the koshari, take a large bowl, add the cooked vermicelli & rice on the bottom.
19. Place the chickpeas & macroni on the top & mix them well.
20. Take a serving plate, place the koshari & garnish with fried onions on the top.
21. Serve along with the sauce.
Cooking pot - Shallow with lid
Flat Bottomed pan
Non stick Frying Pan
Spatula - Wooden
Middle Eastern Recipes