Kawaj recipe (LC14243 ) - Syrian Baked eggplant Casserole
White pepper ground
How to make kawaj recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Finely chop the onions, tomatoes, garlic & bell peppers into small pieces
3. Thinly slice the eggplants in round shape & keep it aside for frying.
4. Discard the coriander leaves stem & finely chop the leaves for garnish.
5. To prepare the vegetable stuffing for the casserole, take a large mixing bowl & combine together bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, garlic & part of the coriander leaves & salt.
6. Add arabic spices, cumin powder, white pepper powder & tomato paste.
7. Mix well till all the ingredients are combined.
8. To fry the egg plants, heat the oil in the deep frying pan in a medium heat & cook both sides for 4 - 5 minutes or until it turns golden brown color.
9. Line a baking casserole with fried eggplant.
10. On the top layer with stuffed vegetables & followed by fried eggplants so on till the whole amount is done & the casserole is full.
11. Preheat the oven at 180°C /356°F.
12. Bake for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
13. Garnish with roasted pine nuts & chopped coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot.
Baking tin - Square
Non stick Frying Pan
Middle Eastern Recipes