KABSA DAJAJ RECIPE
Kabsa Dajaj recipe (LC14233) - Chicken with rice & vegetables, Saudi style.
Washed & Drained
Large size pieces
White pepper ground
How to make kabsa dajaj recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. To prepare the dip, take a blender combine together green chilli, tomato, onion, salt & coriander leaves.
3. Grind them well till it turns paste. Transfer to the serving bowl & set aside to serve later.
4. Peel the garlic skin & chop finely into small pieces.
5. Finely chop the onion & keep it aside.
6. Peel the carrot skin & grate if finely.
7. Wash the rice in the running water 2- 3 times & keep it aside.
8. Heat the corn oil in the heavy bottom pan at medium heat. Add chopped onion & garlic then saute for 3 - 5 minutes or until it turns golden brown color.
9. Now add the chicken thighs & fry it along with onion & garlic.
10. Add salt, white pepper, arabic spices, cumin seeds & cardamom seeds.
11. slightly cut the dry lemon then add in the masala & tomato paste. Mix them well with chicken thighs.
12. Now add water then chicken stock & bay leaves. Cover the lid & bring to boil for 10 minutes or until the chicken is partially cooked & oil is oozing out on the top.
13. Remove only the chicken thigh from the masala & arrange it on the baking tray.
14. Now add the rice to liquid mixture in the pan & bring to boil. Simmer the flame till the rice absorbed the water completely.
15. In the meantime, preheat the oven at 180°C / 356 °F.
16. Take the baking tray with the chicken pieces & sprinkle salt & cumin powder on top of the chicken thighs.
17. Bake the chicken thighs for 20 minutes or until the chicken turns dark brown color.
18. When the rice is cooked, add the grated carrot & chili on the top & cover the lid. Cook for 15 minutes or until the carrot is tender.
19. In the meantime, to roast the nuts for garnish, take another pan then add oil & roast the almond & raisin for 2 - 3 minutes or until it turns golden color.
20. Remove the rice and plate it, topped with the baked chicken & garnish with roasted almond and raisin.
21. Serve hot with dip.
Baking tin - Round
Flat Bottomed pan
Middle Eastern Recipes