JEERA RICE RECIPE
Jeera Rice(#LC14061): Jeera Rice Recipe (Cumin Rice) is a appealing rice dish of Punjabi cuisine. It is simply a steamed rice with nice flavor of fried cumin seeds . Jeera rice can be accompanied with almost any dal , vegetable,plain curds and pickle . Jeera powder(cumin powder) brings out the unique and lovely flavor, slight variation of taste on plain rice.
How to make jeera rice recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Wash and soak the basmati rice for atleast 30 minutes. Drain the basmati rice and keep aside. Heat oil in a heavy pot. Add jeera and when it becomes slightly brown in color along with a nice aroma add the drained rice.
3. Stir and cook for a minute and then add 400 ml of water and salt.
4. Cover with a lid and cook till the rice is done (about 5-10 minutes) or until all of the water get absorbed. The cooking time varies with the rice, so it is best to check.
5. Serve hot with any curry of your choice.
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid