JEDY BEL ZEAT RECIPE
JEDY BEL ZEAT RECIPE (LC14259) - Seared lamb shanks are cooked well and mixed with aromatic spices. Lamb shanks are usually served with potato mash and cream.
White pepper ground
1 1/2 liter
All Purpose flour
How to make jedy bel zeat recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. To prepare the lamb, take a large bowl & combine together oil, white pepper powder & salt.
3. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, finely chopped garlic, onion & lamb shanks.
4. Coat the lamb well with the mixture.
5. Heat a flat bottomed cooking pan, sear the lamb shanks till it turns light brown.
6. Add water & bring to boil then cook over low heat covered for 60 minutes.
7. Take an another cooking pot & heat the olive oil then add the finely chopped garlic & saute till golden brown.
8. Add cardamon, pepper, bay leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, white pepper powder.
9. Add salt & flour. Mix well.
10. Add vinegar & water in the pan. Whisk them well until it reaches a thick consistency.
11. Finally add the cooked lamb shanks into it & cook for another 5 minutes.
12. To prepare the potato mash, peel the potato skin & cut into medium cubes.
13. In a cooking pot, boil the potato by adding water, peeled garlic, salt & white pepper powder.
14. Transfer the boiled potato in a large mixing bowl & add butter.
15. Using a potato masher, mash the potato into a fine paste. Add salt, nutmeg powder & white pepper powder.
16. Finally add cream. Mix them well until it is a smooth paste.
17. In a serving plate, place the mashed potato & on the top place the lamb shanks.
18. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves & serve hot.
Cooking pot - Shallow with lid
Non stick Frying Pan
Middle Eastern Recipes