JAREESH RECIPE (LC14247)
Ginger Garlic paste
White pepper ground
How to make JAREESH RECIPE recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Finely slice the onion & tomato.
3. Heat the corn oil in a deep pot. Add ginger paste & garlic paste then saute for 2- 3 minutes or until the raw smells goes.
4. Add chicken thigh & fry both the sides for 10 - 15 minutes or until the chicken turn golden color.
5. Add chopped tomatoes & tomato paste in the chicken & saute well.
6. Add cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, white pepper powder & mix well.
7. Pour water in the pot. Prick the lime with a point of the knife and add. Also add cloves, bay leaf & salt. Cover & cook till the chicken is half cooked.
8. Remove the chicken pieces from the gravy & place it on the baking tray.
9. Pre heat the oven at 180°C / 350°F. Roast the chicken for 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown color.
10. Meantime, add the Jeeresh / broken wheat in the chicken stock then add water if required. Cover & cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until jareesh is cooked.
11. When the jareesh is cooked, add yogurt & stir gently. It should have a creamy consistency.
12. To caramelize the onion, heat the corn oil in the heavy bottom pan & add the sliced onion. Fry till it turns dark golden color.
13. With the same oil, slightly fry the green chili for garnish.
14. Place the Jareesh on the serving plate & top with roasted chicken, fried onions & green chili.
Baking tin - Round
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid
Flat Bottomed pan
Spatula - Wooden
Middle Eastern Recipes