Jellab Recipe (LC14223) - A very popular middle eastern drink made from dates & tamarind flavoured with rosewater & topped with pine nuts.
How to make jellab s recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. To prepare the Jellab Syrup, take a big sauce pan then add water. Add sugar, dates & tamarind in the water & stir them well.
3. Cover the lid & bring to boil till the tamarind & dates become soft. Once the water has reduced to half the quantity, turn off the flame & let it cool fully.
4. Pour the cooled mixture in the blender.
5. Add blossom water & rose water in the mixture.
6. Blend the mixture for 2 minutes or until the dates & tamarind grind completely.
7. Strain the mixture nicely to remove any crumble parts.
8. Add water to dilute the mixture & whisk them well.
9. Pour the juice in a tall glass & add ice cubes.
10. Garnish the juice with pine seeds on the top.
Sauce pan with lid
Middle Eastern Recipes