Jalebi Recipe (#LC14046): Jalebis are the eternal taste of india, deep fried and soaked in sugar syrup, just the way we like them. Look and Cook this delightful dessert with us, and make your childhood dreams come true.
How to make jalebi recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Take a glass bowl and whisk refined flour, yogurt and the required amount of water to make a light smooth batter. Cover the bowl and keep in a warm place to ferment for 20 hours.
3. After it ferments, whisk again for 15 mins, add refined flour and beat again for few minutes until the consistency is as in the photo when you lift the whisk.
4. For the sugar syrup: Boil the sugar with water in a sauce pan on medium heat, stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves.
5. Add saffron and lemon juice.
6. Cook the syrup continuously until the syrup becomes thick to a 1 string consistency. Remove from the heat and set aside.
7. For making Jalebi: To make fry the jalebis, it is easy to pour from a narrow opening. To do this you can use a squeeze bottle(easier) or a plastic/zip bag like a piping bag by cutting off a little bit of the corner
8. Heat the ghee in a flat bottomed frying pan on medium heat. Pour out the batter into the hot ghee in circles to make the jalebis.
9. Fry the jalebi on medium heat until golden brown in colour and crisp. Once the jalebi is crisp and browned, take it out and immediately dip the jalebis into the warm sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes.
10. These jalebis are the best during the festive seasons.
Flat Bottomed pan
Mixing bowl - glass