HARRAQ OSOBOU RECIPE
Harraq Osobou recipe (LC14248) - A middle eastern dish for the vegeterians made from brown lentils with vegetables, pomegranate syrup and roasted bread.
Washed & drained
White pepper ground
All Purpose flour
How to make harraq osobou recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Finely chop the onion, celery, baby marrow, spinach.
3. Heat the olive oil in the saucepan, add chopped onions, celery. Saute for 3- 5 minutes or until the onion turns golden brown color.
4. Add the brown lentil & simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add cumin powder, white pepper powder, salt & mix well.
6. Add water & bring to boil then reduce and cook for around 45 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
7. In mean time, prepare the dough coins, for that need to take a large mixing bowl add flour & gradually add water to make a dough.
8. Preheat the oven at 180 °C / 356 °F.
9. From the dough, make a small balls then shape it in small coins.
10. Bake the dough coins about 15 minutes or until dough coin is cooked.
11. When the lentil is fully cooked, add the chopped baby marrow, fava beans, spinach & mix well.
12. Add the dough coin & mix well till all the ingredients are combined well. Cook for 10 -15 minutes or until the vegetables are done.
13. Transfer the gravy in the bowl. Before serving garnish with lemon juice & pomegranate syrup.
Baking tin - Round
Bowl - Small
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid
Mixing bowl - glass
Spatula - Wooden
Middle Eastern Recipes