Harira Recipe (LC14225 ) : Moroccan brown lentil soup
Washed & drained
White pepper ground
How to make harira recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Finely chop the onion & celery. Keep it aside.
3. Cut the beef into small cubes & keep it aside.
4. Blend the tomato & keep the puree aside .
5. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion & sauté for 3 minutes until lightly softened.
6. Add Celery & sauté for few minutes till you get the aroma of the mixture.
7. Add the beef cubes & sauté for 5 minutes or until the beef turns to be pale color.
8. Cover the lid & simmer the flame. Cook for 5 minutes or until the beef turns gentle.
9. Now add the brown lentil then stir and add the tomato puree & mix well.
10. After smelling the aroma of the mixture add water.
11. Add white pepper, cumin powder, salt & chicken stock. Stir well. Cover the lid & bring to boil, then reduce the flame & cook for 45 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked.
12. The mixture has slightly thickened, now add the chickpeas & vermicelli in the soup. Stir well. Cover & cook for 5 minutes or until vermicelli is tender. Add chopped coriander leaves.
13. Cut the lemon wedges for garnish.
14. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Dry Measuring Cup
Sauce pan with lid
Middle Eastern Recipes