GINGERBREAD MAN RECIPE
Gingerbread man (#LC14070) : A crisp biscuit made of spicy ginger and sugar, this particularly tasty treat helps celebrate the spirit of Christmas everywhere around the world!
All Purpose flour
How to make GINGERBREAD MAN recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. In a mixing bowl, place the sieve and add all purpose flour, baking soda, ginger powder and nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder and salt. Sift and set aside the dry ingredients.
3. For the wet ingredients -in a new bowl beat the unsalted butter and sugar. Beat until it light and fluffy.
4. Once it is fluffy, you can add egg & whisk well.
5. To the wet ingredients add the unsulphured molasses and beat to combine well.
6. To this add the dry ingredients (flour mixture) that was set aside earlier and mix well.
7. Remove the dough and kneed lightly until the mixture clumps together.
8. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for two hours or even overnight.
9. Preheat oven 180°C / 356 °F
10. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 cm and with a cutter of the gingerbread man shape, cut it out. Size 4'inches.
11. Get the baking tray ready and very gently lift the cookies onto the baking sheet.
12. Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes which varies as per the size of the cookies. You will know if they are cooked when they start to turn brown and become firm.
13. Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray for 10 minutes, after which you can transfer it to a wire rack to cool.
14. PREPARE ICING: In a large bowl, beat the egg white until foamy and gradually add icing sugar and lemon juice. Beat continuously until thickened or Confectioners frosting can be used to decorate the cookies once it has cooled.
15. Store in an airtight container
Ginger bread cutter
Mixing bowl - glass