FRUIT CAKE RECIPE
FRUIT CAKE RECIPE (LC 14394) - Made from chopped dried fruits and nuts, this moist Fruit Cake recipe is a holiday favourite.
All Purpose flour
1 3/4 Teaspoon
How to make fruit cake recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 150° / 300℉.
3. To prepare the caramel, in a saucepan, heat water and sugar for about 5 - 7 minutes.
4. Soak the dried fruits in the water. Drain after 2 to 3 hours.
5. In a bowl, sift flour together with baking soda, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg,
6. Add cardamom, cinnamon powder and ground clove.
7. Separate egg whites from egg yolks.
8. Beat egg yolks. To this, add butter, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and beat using a hand mixer.
9. In a large bowl, add the egg white and beat on high until soft or stiff peaks form.
10. To this, add the flour mixture beat with a hand mixer until everything is combined.
11. Fold in half of the beaten egg white and do it gain for the other half.
12. Add caramel and jam to the batter and fold.
13. And lastly fold in the soaked fruit.
14. Grease the pan with butter and sprinkle flour. Pour the batter.
15. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
16. Cool completely and serve.
Baking tin - Round
Bowl - Small
Flat Bottomed pan
Mixing bowl - glass