FATTET HUMMUS RECIPE
FATTET HUMMUS RECIPE (LC14284) - A syrian staple, usually eaten for breakfast or as a light supper, Fattet Hommus is a layered dish of pita bread and garbanzo beans in tangy tahini sauce.
White pepper ground
Cut into Square
How to make fattet hummus recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. To boil the chickpeas, take a deep bottom pan, add water & chickpeas.
3. Add salt & white pepper powder. Cover & cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until cooked.
4. To roast the pine seeds, take a flat bottomed pan add ghee.
5. Add pine seeds & roast till it turns golden brown. Remove & keep it aside for garnish.
6. To fry the arabic bread, cut the bread into small pieces.
7. In the same pan, deep fry the bread about 3- 4 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
8. Now remove the chickpeas from the boiling water & transfer into a separate bowl.
9. To prepare the sauce, take a bowl combine together yogurt, tahina, cumin powder, salt & lemon juice. Beat them well.
10. Slightly heat the sauce in a deep bottomed pan.
11. In a serving plate, place the fried arabic bread & top with boiled chickpeas & sauce.
12. Garnish with fried pine seeds, sprinkle paprika powder & finely chopped parsley on the top
13. Serve hot.
Flat Bottomed pan
Flat Bottomed Pan with Lid
Mixing bowl - glass
Middle Eastern Recipes