FATAYER RECIPE (#LC14097): Fatayer is a popular arabic pastry with a savory filling of zatar cheese or spinach. It's a great portable appetizer in Arabic cusine and an impressive party snack as well.
All Purpose flour
How to make fatayer recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Mix together all purpose flour, salt, sugar, dry yeast, vegetable oil and enough water to make soft dough.
3. Keep the dough aside for 2-3 hours.
4. FOR ZAATAR FILLING: Mix together za'atar powder and cream cheese. Add olive oil and mix well.
5. FOR MOZZARELLA FILLING: Combine together mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and mix well.
6. Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F .
7. Roll out dough 3 mm thickness. With a 3 inch diameter cutter, cut out the dough.
8. Put 1 tsp of zaatar filling in the center of each round dough.
9. Put 1 tsp of mozzarella cheese filling in the center of each round dough.
10. Brush the edges with water and pinch the corners to form the Fatayer.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C / 390°F for 4 to 5 minutes.
12. Cool on a wire rack and serve
Cutter - Round
Middle Eastern Recipes