Falafel recipe (LC14258) - A hot starter made of chick peas and one of the most popular food from the middle east the world over.
Dry mint leaves
How to make falafel recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Put the chickpeas in a large bowl with add enough water to submerge & then cover with cling film. Let soak overnight.
3. In the morning, drain the excess water & separate only the chickpeas.
4. To prepare the dough, take a blender / food processor add soaked chickpeas along with onion, garlic,celery, leek, salt & cumin powder.
5. Add coriander powder, fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves & parsley leaves.
6. Grind all ingredients together until the dough is rough, coarse form.
7. Transfer the dough into a mixing bowl & cover the bowl with cling film & refrigerate for 30 mins.
8. Once the dough is chilled, sprinkle bicarbonate soda & dry mint powder on top. Mix them well until all ingredients are combined.
9. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over the medium heat.
10. Form the chickpea mixture into small round balls / patties.
11. Deep fry the falafel on each side, until golden brown & firm. Let them drain on paper towels.
12. Take a small bowl, combine together yogurt, tahina sauce, salt & lemon juice. Mix them well.
13. Place the falafel in the serving plate & serve warm with dip.
Flat Bottomed pan
Mixing bowl - glass
Middle Eastern Recipes