DATE & OATS BAR RECIPE
DATE AND OATS BAR (#LC14109) - Dates and Oats bar is an energy bar made from pitted dates and oats. Basically, healthy and delicious in a nut shell. It is a light snack and portable.
1 1/2 Cup
All Purpose flour
Light brown sugar
How to make DATE & OATS BAR recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Place the pitted dates and water in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Cook until the dates are soft and have absorbed most of the water.
4. Add vanilla extract and remove from heat and continue stirring. Let cool to room temperature and then puree in your food processor until fairly smooth (a few lumps are fine).
5. Preheat oven to 180°C/ 350°F.
6. Apply melted butter to the square baking pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
7. In the bowl , place the oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.
8. Then add the butter and mix until the mixture is crumbly and just begins to come together.
9. Put 2/3 of the mixture in to the baking tin.
10. Press it down well into the pan to make the base of the oats mixture.
11. Spread the date puree evenly over the oatmeal crust.
12. Sprinkle the remaining mixture evenly over the top of the dates & press down gently to compact.
13. Bake at 180°C for about 30 - 40 minutes or until golden brown.
14. Set aside to cool. Once the squares have cooled, cover the pan with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator at least one hour or until firm enough to cut easily into squares.
15. To remove the bar from the pan. Place a flat board or serving plate upside down onto the pan, turn board/plate & pan over, slowly lift the pan off and peel off the parchment paper.
16. Cut into small bars.
17. This is good snack for children.
Baking tin - Square
Cooking pot -Deep - with lid
Middle Eastern Recipes