DAL MAKHANI RECIPE
Dal Makhani(#LC14030) : This Punjabi-style indulgent dal simmered with spices, and laden with fresh cream is a delight to pair with rice, or Indian breads.
Whole black gram
Red kidney beans
Red chilli powder
Garam masala powder
Red Chili Powder
How to make dal makhani recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Wash and soak the dry whole black gram and red kidney beans in enough water overnight or for 8-9 hours. Pressure cook whole black gram and red kidney beans in water with salt and red chili powder for three whistles. When the pressure settles down open the lid and see if the red kidney beans is totally cooked and soft. Keep aside.
3. For tempering: Heat unsalted butter in a pan and vegetable oil. Add cumin seeds, when the cumin seeds start spluttering add ginger, garlic and onion. Saute till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
4. Add green chillies, tomatoes and saute on high flame.
5. Add turmeric powder, the remaining red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and saute until oil oozes out from the masala or till the tomato becomes mashy.
6. Pour the cooked dal and red kidney beans from the pressure cooker along with the cooked water.
7. Add salt and simmer on low heat until whole black gram and red kidney beans are totally soft and well blended.
8. Serve immediately, garnished with green chillies and ginger pieces.
Cooking Pot - Kadai
Sauce pan with lid