DAJAJ BEL BATATA RECIPE
DAJAJ BEL BATATA RECIPE (LC14256) - Dajaj Bel Batata is basically roasted chicken and potatoes served in olive oil sauce. The essence of this dish is in the olive oil sauce that is cooked with garlic and spices.
White pepper ground
All Purpose flour
How to make DAJAJ BEL BATATA RECIPE recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. To marinate the potato, peel the potato skin & cut them into slices. & set aside in water.
3. Chop garlic. To marinate the chicken, take a large mixing bowl, combine together olive oil, finely chopped garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder.
4. Add Arabic spices, paprika powder, salt, white pepper powder & vinegar. Mix them well.
5. Add the chicken pieces & coat them well in the spices.
6. Arrange the chicken pieces in the baking tray & keep it aside.
7. To Prepare the potatoes, In the same mixing bowl, combine together olive oil, finely chopped garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder, arabic spices, paprika powder.
8. Add salt and white pepper powder. Mix them well.
9. Add the sliced potato in the spices & coat them well.
10. In a separate baking tray, arranged the potato slices.
11. Roast chicken & potato in two seperated trays at 180°C / 356 °F about 15 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
12. To prepare the sauce, heat the deep bottomed pan & add olive oil. Add finely chopped garlic & saute for 3- 5 minutes or until garlic turns golden brown.
13. Add rest of the spices - cumin powder, paprika powder, coriander powder, arabic spices, white pepper powder, salt. Mix well.
14. Add white flour. Saute them well for 10 seconds.
15. Add water & chicken stock. Mix them well till it reaches thick consistency. Finally, add the vinegar & remove from the flame.
16. Remove the roasted chicken & potato from the oven. Add the roasted chicken on the top of the roasted potato.
17. Pour the sauce on the top & bake at 180°C / 356 °F for 10 minutes.
18. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves & serve hot.
Middle Eastern Recipes