Chole Batura recipe (#LC14054):This tangy chickpeas preparation tastes best with crisp-fried bhatura fresh out of the frying pan.
Red Chili Powder
1 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder
Ginger Garlic paste
How to make chole recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Soak chickpeas in 1 liter of water and tea bag overnight. Drain chickpeas. Add six to eight cups water in a pressure cooker along with the drained chickpeas, salt and tea bag. Pressure cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chickpeas are totally soft and cooked. Drain the cooked chickpeas and reserve the cooking liquid. Remove the tea bag.
3. Combine the masalas / spices - coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
4. Take a frying pan and add cumin seeds and pomegranate seeds. Roast until dark brown in color and grind it to a fine powder along with garam masala powder. Keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions green chillies and ginger-garlic paste, stir fry it.
6. Add the mixed spice powder and saute well.
7. Then add the finely chopped tomatoes and stir-fry for two minutes.
8. Add the cooking liquid kept aside from the boiling of the chick peas according to the amount of gravy that you wish to have and cook for 2-3 mins more.
9. Add the cooked chickpeas and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once in a while.
10. Sprinkle with garam masala mixture and add salt to taste. Mix well
11. For thickening the gravy take half of the chickpeas(chole) to a bowl. Mash the chickpeas well with the potato masher(or with the back of the spoon).
12. Pour the mashed chickpeas(chole) back into the pan of all cooked ingredients.
13. Garnish with fresh coriander, green chillies and lemon wedge. Serve chole hot with the fried Bhaturas (LC14055)
Cooking Pot - Kadai