HERB SCONES RECIPE
Herb scones Recipe (#LC14084) : Herb scones blends well with butter and herbs to adapt this recipe to your taste and makes a perfect breakfast item. The herbs in these scones make them a little different in taste and very refreshing.
All Purpose flour
2 1/2 Teaspoon
1/2 to taste
How to make herb scones recipe?
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Add dill and parsley leaves. Mix well.
3. Cut the unsalted butter into the dry ingredients and rub the butter in using your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In another bowl add the milk and egg and beat lightly until just combined.
5. Pour this liquid into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix to make a soft dough.
6. Place mixture on lightly floured surface and knead the dough gently until it comes together and is a smooth dough. Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into square or use a cutter to make shape you like.
7. Place the dough on a prepared baking sheet and brush the top with beaten egg mixture
8. Bake at 180°C for about 10-15 minutes in the middle rack or until the tops are golden brown.
9. Check doneness using a toothpick inserted in the center which should come out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
10. Serve warm with butter.
International RecipesArabic Recipes