CAROM LEAVES AND EGGPLANT FRITTERS RECIPE
CAROM LEAVES AND EGGPLANT FRITTERS RECIPE (LC14190) : Fried carom leaves dipped in gram flour is a perfect tea time snack, best during the monsoon season.
Chaat masala powder
1 1/2 Cup
Red Chili Powder
How to make carom leaves and eggplant fritters recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Wash the eggplant and remove the stem. Slice the eggplant into two.
3. Rub gently chaat masala and salt on the eggplant pieces.
4. Clean the carom leaves and place together eggplant slice with carom leaves.
5. For the Batter: In a large bowl, sieve the gram flour and combine together red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, salt and rice flour.
6. Gradually add little water at a time and prepare a batter of medium consistency.
7. The smooth batter is ready to use.
8. In a heavy wok/ kadai, add enough oil for deep frying and heat on medium flame.
9. When oil is hot enough, dip together eggplant and carom leaves in the batter and slide them in to hot oil.
10. Fry both sides on low flame till the fritters turn golden brown and crisp.
11. Transfer the fritters onto a kitchen paper towel and let cool down.
12. Serve hot with ketchup or Green coriander or mint chutney.
Cooking Pot - Kadai