BHATURA(#LC14055): Batura is a fluffy Indian bread that is usually eaten with chickpea curry known an chole. This combination is a favourite among the North Indians.
All Purpose flour
How to make BHATURA RECIPE recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Mix all purpose flour, baking powder, yogurt, water and salt to make a soft dough. The dough should not be too hard or too soft on touch.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and keep aside for at least 3 to 4 hrs.
4. Make lemon size balls out of the dough.
5. Roll the dough into a round thin disc.
6. Heat enough oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed pan. Slide the batura into the hot oil.
7. Using the back of the skimmer, gently press in the center and along the edges and you will find it will puff.
8. Flip over and fry the other side till light golden brown. The batura should cook on the inside and puff up. Remove on to absorbent paper.
9. Serve hot with chole ie. chickpea curry.
Cooking Pot - Kadai