BATERSH RECIPE (LC14289) - Beautifully layered, eggplant dip is topped with thick ground meat and is served with tomato sauce. Batersh is commonly served as a part of Mezze.
White pepper ground
How to make batersh recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. To prepare the mutabbal, take a grill pan, grill the egg plant & tomato for 10 - 15 min or until it cook.
3. Peel the egg plant skin & mash them using the masher. Discard the stem.
4. Add salt, white pepper powder, Tahina, lemon juice & mix them well into a paste.
5. Prepare the tomato sauce, place the grilled tomato in a small bowl & remove the skin.
6. Using a fork, finely mash the tomato into a puree.
7. Heat the oil in a flat bottomed pan & add garlic. Sauté till it turns golden brown. Now add tomato puree & mix well..
8. Add salt, cumin powder, arabic spices & mix them well for 2 -3 minutes.
9. Prepare the lamb mixture, heat the oil in a flat bottomed pan & add finely chopped onion. Sauté till golden brown. Add minced lamb & mix well..
10. Add white pepper powder & arabic spices powder. Sauté well for 15 - 20 minutes or until it is cooked.
11. To serve the batersh, place the eggplant mash in the plate & then add the tomato mixture then on it the meat mixture.
12. Garnish with fresh mint & serve immediately.
Flat Bottomed pan
Mixing bowl - glass
Middle Eastern Recipes