BAINGAN BHARTA RECIPE
BAIGAN BHARTA RECIPE (LC14206) - This dish is an Indian vegetarian recipe with origins form the North of India. The aubergines / brinjals are roasted & skinned and cooked in a onion & tomato spiced thick gravy.
Red Chili Powder
Garam masala powder
How to make baingan bharta recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces & keep it aside.
3. Chop the green chilli & keep it aside.
4. Wash the eggplant and roast them on tava for few minutes & keep it on open flame until the skin turns dark color.
5. Remove the eggplant skin and chop the pulp roughly.
6. Using the potato masher, coarsely mash the eggplant pulp and keep aside for later use.
7. In a mortar and pestle, crush the black cardamom into powder.
8. Heat oil in the heavy bottom pan, add cardamom powder, green chilli, turmeric powder and Tomato. Saute well.
9. Now add ginger paste and mashed eggplant pulp into the pan and mix well.
10. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
11. Cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until oil separates.
12. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves (optional).
Cooking Pot - Kadai