BAGARA BAINGAN RECIPE
BAGHARA BAIGAN(#LC14040): Baghara Baingan is a popular eggplant curry loaded with peanuts,which finds its base in Hyderabadi cuisine. Stew up this delicious broth with us right away.
1 1/2 teaspoon
1 1/2 teaspoon
Coconut - Grated
Red Chili Powder
How to make bagara baingan recipe?
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Heat a sauce pan on medium flame and dry roast the onions, coriander seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts for a while.
3. Now add garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, fresh grated coconut. Saute until a nice aroma comes and the raw flavor goes.
4. Keep the dry roasted mixture for sometime until it cools down. When it is completely cool transfer it to the grinder.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and jaggery to the grinder.
6. Then add tamarind,and half cup of water. Grind all the ingredients together to make a smooth paste.
7. Clean well by washing & wiping the baby brinjals. Using a knife make a slit along the brinjal without splitting it into 2 separate pieces. Make another slit to cut the half into 2 so you will have 4 quarters. Make sure they are held together at the stem. Stuff this mixture into the slit brinjals and keep the remaining mixture for the gravy.
8. In a cooking pan / Kadai heat oil and add curry leaves and stir for a minute. Add the stuffed brinjals one by one and cook on low to medium heat.
9. Add the remaining ground mixture and salt to taste, if required. Combine it well. Cover and cook over low to medium flame until the Brinjal absorbs the spices and cooks all the way through. The oil will ooze out from the Masala gravy as it cooks
10. Serve Bagara Baigan hot with Jeera Rice or Naan.
Cooking Pot - Kadai