ORANGE SONDESH (LC 14303) - This festive Bengali sweet is made from curdled milk, flavoured with orange zest and saffron.
Orange food color liquid
How to make ORANGE SONDESH recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirements. We recommend you set before you start cooking.
2. Take water in a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Add milk in the water & heat. Bring to boil & reduce the heat & continue to simmer.
4. In the meantime, grate the orange skin & keep it aside.
5. Dilute the white vinegar with the equal quantity of water.
6. In a small bowl, take cornflour & dilute with water.
7. Turn off the flame & strain the milk using a muslin cloth.
8. Add the diluted cornflour mixture in the simmered milk. Keep stirring to prevent lump formation.
9. Pour the diluted vinegar in the simmered milk. Keep stirring the milk till it curdles & splits into cheese and whey.
10. Now take a muslin cloth on a sieve & place on a bowl.
11. Slowly transfer the curdled milk into the muslin cloth.
12. Gently stir to drain out the whey out of the cheese by holding & squeeze till all the water is drained out.
13. Transfer the drained cheese ball in a cooking pan & add sugar.
14. Keep stirring the cheese until the cheese mixture thickens.
15. Stop cooking. Add grated orange skin, orange food color, cardamom powder & saffron. Keep stirring for 3- 4 minutes or until it reaches soft consistency.
16. Transfer the cheese mixture to a plate. Divide the orange cheese mixture to equal size balls.
17. Take a mould & place the pistachio on the base of the mould (raisins & almonds can also be used).
18. To make an emboss design, take one orange sondesh ball & place gently on top of the mould. Press softly to give shape.
19. Garnish with saffron & serve. Refrigerate to store.
Bowl - Small
Flat Bottomed pan
Mixing bowl - glass