DUM ALOO RECIPE
Dum Aloo(#LC14027):Dum Aloo recipe is a Kashmiri- style dish where potatoes are deep fried, then cooked slowly at a low flame in a succulent creamy gravy
Ginger Garlic paste
Red Chili Powder
Garam masala powder
How to make DUM ALOO RECIPE recipe
1. The ingredients quantity can be set as per your serving requirement under Change Serving. We recommend you set it prior to the start.
2. Prick potatoes all over with the help of a knife or fork. Place the potatoes in salt water for 15 minutes so that the potatoes soaks in some salt for a better taste.
3. Heat oil in a kadai / cooking pan and deep-fry the potatoes on medium heat till they are golden brown and completely cooked.
4. Remove with a skimmer and place on absorbent paper to drain the oil.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida and cook on medium heat till the cumin seeds change colour.
6. Add onion and sauté until onion turns light brown.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and stir for about a minute.
8. Then add tomatoes and saute until tomatoes are completely mashed.
9. Add red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and stir until oil separates from the masala.
10. Finally add fried potatoes and stir to mix well and add salt.
11. Add a little water & mix well. Cover & cook till the gravy thickens.
12. Remove from heat and serve hot garnish with coriander leaves and ginger strips.
Cooking Pot - Kadai
Cooking pot - Shallow with lid